torsdag den 11. august 2011

Interview med I Heart Heels!

Interview om Abbey Dawn og de nye høje hæle :P


I Heart Heels: Your line Abbey Dawn is really expanding for spring! What has been the most fun to design in the spring collection?
Avril Lavigne:
Coming up with concepts and designs is one of my favorite parts of the process. I love the new Abbey Dawn footwear, especially, because it's a new category for my brand and I've always wanted to do shoes! Abbey Dawn is very important to me. I'm deeply involved from start to finish – from concepts to graphics, fabrics and fit. The brand personality reflects my own style, so nothing goes on the site that I wouldn’t wear myself!

"I'm obsessed with platforms!" -- Avril Lavigne, singer and Abbey Dawn designer
IHH: What makes the spring collection so "rocker chic" and what makes it so "feminine?" Can you give us a few details?
AL:
We draw on inspiration from my life, music and travels to create designs that blend rock ‘n roll attitude with a feminine edge. We have bright colors, metallic foils and burnout washes paired with soft sheer cottons, poly/cotton burnouts, acid washes, garment-washed fleece, and rayon blends. I love how bold, unique and fun all the pieces are.


IHH: The platform booties are amazing in the campaign image (above)! Do you wear platforms much yourself?
AL:
I’m obsessed with platforms!


IHH: Who inspires you as a designer?
AL:
A couple of designers that inspire me are Betsey Johnson and Christian Louboutin.


IHH: What are your current projects?
AL:
This year has been busy and amazing! I recently launched The Avril Lavigne Foundation to raise awareness and support children and youth who are seriously ill or have a disability. I’ve been on The Black Star tour since spring and we’ve been everywhere.

In September, we’ll be doing shows in Russia, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany and the UK. Then on to Canada. In between, I’ll be returning to New York City to host an Abbey Dawn Spring 2012 Fashion Show. My third fragrance, Wild Rose launched in Europe in August and will be coming to the US in October.
 
xo
Friday Dawn

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar